Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Bouncing back

 Former BBC executive, Mark Byford, inventor of the "Candle of Journalism", can't lie low for long. 

In June, he resigned from his role at Winchester Cathedral, as congregations began boycotting evensong in a public row over music personnel changes.  "Unfortunately, and with great sadness, I have come to the conclusion that it is in the best interests of the Cathedral, myself and associated relationships within Chapter, that I take this course of action.

"I will not be making any further comment at this time and I would be grateful if this can be respected at such a challenging period both for the Cathedral and myself."

Now he's back with a long letter to the Editor of the Hampshire Chronicle. "May I offer my support for the new sports pavilion at the King George V playing grounds in Winchester being named in honour of Terry Paine, probably the city's greatest ever sportsman ? "

If only we could run that through BBC Verify.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other people who read this.......