Monday, August 16, 2021

Huw's next steps

It's negotiation-style worthy of Harry Kane: the BBC1 Ten O'Clock News anchor Huw Edwards has made his availability for easier shifts clear.

In an interview in Welsh with Dewi Llwyd of Radio Cymru, marking his sixtieth birthday coming up on Wednesday, he said "The nightly news business, after 20 years, can be taxing, even though I still enjoy the job. But I don't think I'll be doing that for long. Because I believe that, in the first place, I think it's fair for the viewers to get a change. Secondly, I have co-workers who are very talented - it's time to give them a chance too."

On August 9th Huw also changed his Twitter handle, from @huwbbc to @thehuwedwards. His Instagram account, previously a source of sharp fashion shots of Huw considering the middle distance, has already gone private. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other people who read this.......