Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Fearless

Chapeau to top Beeboid thinker Mark Damazer, taking part in an IEA-led zoomerooney on the future of the BBC this lunchtime. 

On Twitter: "The social media thing has been out of control. I’m very glad that Tim said what he said … to give Tony his credit, I think he was beginning to be on it before he left. But clearly, some of the things that BBC news presenters and others have done on social media would not be acceptable to me and I’m happy to say that on the record.”

On BBC programming in general "There are times when I’m throwing some stuff at the radio and television in despair, but broadly, when I’m listening to the broad swathe of BBC output, it  is fair-minded, and represents some kind of multiple perspective”.

On woke v broke: "The BBC is trying to navigate a complicated country. It’s difficult and it makes mistakes, Rule, Britannia! being one. But the notion that it’s paralysed by wokeness in all its output I simply don’t accept.”

The IEA-balanced panel featured Syed Kamall, IEA, Philip Booth, IEA, Sir Robbie Gibb, and Julian Knight MP. 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other people who read this.......