Monday, December 2, 2013

Big man

There will be those in Broadcasting House who might raise eyebrows at this interview given by cuddly Mark Lawson to the York University student paper The Yorker. Particularly this bit.

"Having a daughter and virtually all female producers, I think the big challenge for feminism now is that you can change ideology, as we have, but it’s much harder to change biology. Fathering a child and giving birth to a child are different things in terms of the physical and emotional impact. And perhaps that shouldn’t be the case, but it still is. I’ve seen a number of very brilliant women who naturally should go onto be Director General of the BBC, but I’ve seen this crisis played out when they have children and say ‘well do I still want this?’, and that doesn’t happen with men. It is very complicated."

1 comment:

  1. How cool was that having a full Car diversion System best 6x9 car speakers Through this I really makes the most of my ride each time uniquely while out and about with a few companions. So amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Other people who read this.......