Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'm free

Extract from Speigel Online - an interview with Chris Anderson, Editor in chief of wired.com, author of The Long Tail (book and blog) and the new book, Free. (Free at least as an audiobook in the UK on Spotify).

SPIEGEL: Mr. Anderson, let's talk about the future of journalism.

Anderson: This is going to be a very annoying interview. I don't use the word journalism.

SPIEGEL: Okay, how about newspapers? They are in deep trouble both in the United States and worldwide.

Anderson: Sorry, I don't use the word media. I don't use the word news. I don't think that those words mean anything anymore. They defined publishing in the 20th century. Today, they are a barrier. They are standing in our way, like 'horseless carriage'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other people who read this.......