Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Meanwhile

Meanwhile, I woke this morning to find "Harris started 'like a rocket' in Michigan. Now she's slipping", a long think piece by Madeline Halpert in the top ten stories on BBC News online. The headline seemed very certain, given the BBC's normally tentative attitude to polling, so I looked further. "A Quinnipiac poll last week indicated Donald Trump is leading in the swing state by three points", said Madeline.  The Quinnepiac University poll covered 1,007 likely voters in Michigan between October 3rd and 7th.  I have today's date as 16th.

I looked elsewhere. I found "Democrats on edge in critical Michigan amid fears of waning enthusiasm", from the Guardian on Sunday. I looked for a Michigan poll of polls and found this (click to go large)



 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Other people who read this.......