Thursday, July 6, 2023

Not on my watch

Andrew Neil, a short-term chairman and presenter at GB News, sends his eyebrows north at the number of Tory MPs interviewing Tory MPs at his former channel. 

"It has surprised me how tolerant Ofcom has been of this kind of stuff. Certainly, when I was involved in trying to put together GB News it never struck me that Ofcom would allow that sort of thing to happen.  Indeed, I always regarded Ofcom as something of an ally and keeping us within the bounds of proper mainstream broadcasting.”

“I'm just surprised at what Ofcom allows the channel to get away with.”  

 “I don’t think serving politicians should be allowed to present political programmes, not unless all the major parties are providing the presenters as well.”

Andrew was talking to Roger Bolton for his Feedback-in-exile podcast, Beeb Watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other people who read this.......