Thursday, May 6, 2021

Admission

I'm sorry. 

I've completely missed a BBC trend. In conversation, I can be a little dogmatic. When asked recently "What on earth is a Content Editor ? They're springing up all over the place ?", I patiently and patronisingly explained it was a very junior job, the person who put together the social media clips after proper producers had made the real programme.  Equivalent to the old broadcast assistant. 

Later research (googling job ads and Linkedin) shows I'm wrong. 

Content Editor, BBC Radio 1 & 1Xtra
Content Editor at BBC 6 Music and BBC Radio 2
Content Editor at The One Show
Content Editor, Final Score at BBC Sport 
Content Editor at BBC World Service 
Content Editor - Audio Drama
Content Editor - Radio 1 (Impact/Weekends)

This contagion slightly precedes the emergence of Charlotte Moore as Chief Content Officer. It's prolix and unhelpful (is there anything else to edit at the BBC other than content ?) and I therefore fully expect Rachel and Wendy at HR Job Title Control to roll over in the face of this arrant nonsense. 

Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Other people who read this.......