Friday, January 17, 2020

New order

STV's early evening bulletin beat the BBC's Reporting Scotland on average during 2019, according to the Daily Record.

Figures show STV News at Six delivered an average audience of 390,000 – a 30 per cent share, whereas BBC's Reporting Scotland, at 6.30pm, averaged 380,000 - 28%. It's the first time STV have been ahead for five years. STV brought together separate bulletins from Glasgow and Edinburgh in 2018. Reporting Scotland lost the services of Jackie Bird back in April 2019.

Jackie told the Sunday Post last week “I’ve been back working with the BBC on some development ideas, too, including a documentary about Scotland’s music in the 80s, and I went off to Sierra Leone immediately after my last shift to work on an idea for a documentary." 

“And I was almost – almost – in pantomime..... I got an offer but it was just too late in the day, so who knows what will happen next year!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other people who read this.......