Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Humphrys for Christmas

It looks like there's been a re-think at Harper Collins, who'll be publishing John Humphrys' anecdotes from his time at Today in time for delivery to Christmas stockings everywhere.  Working title was The Today File; but now comes news of an October event featuring the boy from Splott, entitled "The Terrier of Today". For a mere £31.90, you can listen to Justin Webb interrogate his co-host at the Emmanuel Centre in London. It might or might not include the price of the book.

Consistency is an slight issue here. Humphrys told the Radio Times five years ago: “Paxman was the Rottweiler and I was the Welsh terrier. Which I must say – I know I’m not very big – I did rather resent.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other people who read this.......