Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Late flowering

The hard-nosed hacks of HR Magazine have what they claim is the first "any-questions-go" interview with former BBC personnel director Lucy Adams.

"I was stupid and naive" (I think referring to her treatment by MPs of the Public Accounts Committee) “I anticipated concern over a few big payouts, but felt utterly convinced they’d recognise that I’d saved £20 million avoiding tribunals”

“I thought that if you paid out £1 to save £10 in a tribunal, then that was money well spent.   What I only later realised was that the lens people were looking through had changed. I didn’t need to spend £1; I only needed to spend 75p. I hadn’t realised the world had moved on.”

“I was relatively unsuccessful at the change agenda I was brought in for...but people have forgotten that I drove pensions reform, moved people to W1A in London, and also to the new MediaCity in Manchester,”

  • BBC HR staff can pick up on Lucy's latest big thoughts with a short walk up Portland Place to a conference on Wednesday week. She's a guest speaker at the Horticultural Trades Association's Garden Futures event.  A nice day out, as they contemplate their impending move to Birmingham, under process-driven new HR boss, Valerie Hughes D'Aeth. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Other people who read this.......