Friday, October 4, 2013

Porridge

The problem with the Mail on Miliband Senior is the apparently unchallengeable assertion that Ralph hated Britain; even Mail insiders say the headline should have had a question mark after it. But the Dacre Cadre is sticking to it, "evidenced" this morning, by Alex Brummer, on Today, who asserted that Ralph's "rampant views" were "heard at the breakfast table every morning".  Really ?

Then again, imagine breakfast with Paul Dacre, and the potential impact on the Dacre boys...

Son James is a theatre director, and was asked about the impact of Dad's job on his career by the Telegraph in January this year.

As to whether the Daily Mail connection has had an influence – positive or adverse – he chooses his words with careful fluency. “Honestly, I don’t see any way it has been an asset, or the opposite. Everyone makes their own mark and I hope I’m making mine on my own terms. I don’t see any reason why it should affect the way people see what I do or assess my thoughts and ideas which are – as every son’s are – fiercely independent.”

Not what the Mail says about Ed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other people who read this.......