Thursday, March 14, 2013

Early adopter, early loser

Crikey. The aging process for me is being highlighted not by younger policemen, but by Google features I have known, loved and lost. Google Reader will bite the dust in July this year, having started in 2005. iGoogle, my rickety front page, is also on the way out. I turn to both straight after reading emails, in my daily hunt for media morsels and other tosh to write about - and it's a rhythm I'm reluctant to change.

We're told there'll be alternatives from others to replicate the service - but that's rather like buying a fibre-glass replica of a Morris Traveller, rather than cherishing the rust of the real thing. My instinct now is to tweet every post, in the hunt for hits, but if the world does that as well as me, Twitter timelines are going to be pretty cluttered...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other people who read this.......