Monday, August 13, 2012

Huge

An average audience of 22.9 million is a fantastic score for the closing ceremony. Beijing in 2008 got 5.5 million - but it ran from noon, and there was F1 qualifying on ITV.

Meanwhile the ever-helpful Richard Bacon is calling for a full, judge-led inquiry into who let George Michael sing that second song...his latest single, White Light, about his near-death experience.

I'm back
I'm back
Prouder than ever baby 
Louder than ever maybe
One more pill 
Just one more beer 
One less star in the atmosphere 
For us 
Maybe she just wanted to be free 
Heartless pictures on TV 
Change that channel that could've been me...   I said 
Maybe she just wanted to be free 
So I just kept breathing my friends 
Waiting for the man to choose 
Saying this ain't the day that it ends 
Cause there's no white light 
And I'm not through 
I'm alive 
I'm alive ... etc, etc, etc

I'd have preferred Club Tropicana. But George stayed up to judge the impact....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Other people who read this.......