Friday, July 28, 2017

Kerfuffle

Jane Garvey writes for iNews on an entertaining week.

"I have met more of my bosses in the last five days than in the last decade. I didn’t know they cared. (Actually, they are mostly really decent. And they really care – as I do – about the BBC).

"I have spoken to or heard from a range of women at all levels of the organisation. 'I was lied to' or 'I was let down' are said frequently. This is not a coincidence.

"There’s been understandable cynicism, too, about our aims. What if the end result of all this admirable kerfuffle is simply that Sarah Montague, Jenni Murray and I get a bit of a salary boost?

"One of my bosses (and forgive me, it’s been a long week) told me this week that I was not underpaid. And they are right.

"What we want is fairness. A working environment that rewards “talent”, but also diligence, commitment, and decency, whatever you do, and whoever you are."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other people who read this.......