Tuesday, January 31, 2017

John Wetton RIP

Born in Derby and brought up in Bournemouth, John Wetton, who's died after a struggle with cancer aged 67, started out on church music, and often played the bass parts to help his brother rehearse tunes for services. It started a love of the relationship between top line and bass melodies which lasted through a heady catalogue of bands....Mogul Thrash, Family, King Crimson, Roxy Music, Bryan Ferry, Asia, Uriah Heep and Wishbone Ash.

He was with Family for two albums, Fearless and Bandstand. Here's two very constrasting tracks from Bandstand.





The lyrics to Broken Nose are worth sharing, if Chapman's vocals are too much for you. Here's the best bit.

I like your kind of address
Dig your style of clothes
The day I stopped loving you
Was the day you broke my nose

When she goes to the theatre
It's always the latest show
While I'll wait in some poolroom
That's just across the road
One time she saw me waiting
And come across and spoke
She said 'adieu' and grabbed my cue
And shoved it down my throat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other people who read this.......