Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Crikey

I may hyper-ventilate.

Rona Fairhead, who thought she had secured first Chairmanship of the BBC unitary board that will emerge under the next Charter, has effed off in a huff.

The FT says that, whatever Whittingdale and Cameron may have promised to the Queen of Pearls, Theresa May has decided on an open recruitment. Rona has declined to apply. “The prime minister strongly encouraged me to take part in the new appointment process, for what would be a new four-year term as BBC chairman. However, after much thought I have come to the conclusion that I should not do so. It is my belief that it will be better to have a clean break and for the government to appoint someone new.”

Tone may now stay as DG a little longer than we thought....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other people who read this.......