Monday, January 11, 2016

Book-ing

Master of the ruminative, excogitative question James Naughtie gets a shot at tv in 2016, taking over the News Channel's Meet The Author slot (with occasional appearances from Arts Correspondent Rebecca Jones) from Nick Higham.

One suspects that Jim will need a little more production support than Nick was afforded. He told the Bookseller that he was stepping down just before Christmas “It was a personal decision. I am one of the BBC’s home news correspondents and ['Meet the Author'] is quite a substantial commitment in time. Effectively I act as my own producer, I fix all the interviews, I read all the books, I book the studios, I am involved in editing the pieces and so on. And we do specials: we do things around interviews with shortlisted authors at some of the awards. We interview all the contenders for the Costa Book Award. And put all those out in one week... So there’s a lot of work and it takes quite a lot of time."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other people who read this.......