- experience in a leadership and/or oversight role within an organisation of significant scale and complexity;
- a leadership role in public policy development and implementation, including in relation to regulatory environments and/or economics;
- experience in a global organisation working across multiple countries and markets, in the media or related disciplines;
- experience in the technology, digital media or telecoms sectors;
- demonstrable leadership in the creative, arts and/or cultural arenas;
- senior experience in commissioning or production of media content – either in television, radio, news or online;
- experience in commercial and/or operational management, with a particular focus on strategy development, audit or risk;
- editorial responsibility at a senior level, including running editorial operations and/or maintaining standards;
- and management of marketing, audience engagement or customer relationships at a senior, preferably board, level.
That's nine skillsets against ten vacancies, so it would be a good idea for Chair applicants to claim one of them.
If you'd like a chat about the job, contact Kit Bingham (Balliol, Oxford) at Odgers Berndtson. Kit is son of the late Lord Bingham of Cornhill, once nominated as the Greatest Living Englishman alongside Sir David Attenborough. If Kit's too intimidating, try his colleague Simon McDonald (Great Yarmouth Grammar and University of Sussex).
Weekly food shop - just chucked an extra packet of @walkers_crisps in the trolley in solidarity with @GaryLineker— Simon McDonald (@SMcDonaldOdgers) October 23, 2016