Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Doobie do

"People who are high on marijuana seem to have to do slightly more work than usual to remember moment to moment the logical thread of what they are saying. This change manifests itself in two ways: as a tendency to forget what one started out to say, especially following an interruption, and a tendency to go off on irrelevant tangents." From The Natural Mind by Dr Andrew Weil, 2004.

"I didn’t do hard drugs, but there was a lot of dope around. I'm not saying it's a good thing to smoke. I'm just saying it happened, and if I look around the people that I grew up with, I don't think it did any of us any serious harm.”  From My Teenage Diary by Robert Peston, to be broadcast next Tuesday on Radio 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other people who read this.......